Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Someone got a visit from the weight loss fairy...

Holy &#$**@!!!!

So I weighed myself this morning... Yea, I was definitely dreading it. I was pacing and avoiding it as long as possible. I finally got the courage and wiggled myself down the long hall at work to the scale in an abandoned office. My boss was with me for moral support. As I was slipping each shoe off all I could think of is it didn't matter what the scale said, I would continue my journey. I tapped the scale with my toe to make sure it was working. It was (damn). As I climbed on it I can see the little circles moving as the scale was calculating my weight. I was not prepared for what I saw next.

I LOST 12.4 LBS!!!!!!!!!
I started at 238 even. I am now 225.6. I couldn't believe it. Yes, I know most of it is water weight. But 12lbs is 12lbs! I found myself stopping everyone that would listen, just to tell them what I accomplished. (Yea, I was that person).  I was just overwhelmed, in a good way.  It was especially exciting to move the lovely stones into the pounds lost jar.

The weight loss boost is what I needed to get through the day. Carter had me awake till 3am, so working out was not on my agenda today. It will be tomorrow though.
Speaking of working out, my friend Jacci told me about this great little piece of amazingess called a FitBit Activity Monitor. Its basically a fancy pedometer that can wirelessly send your exercise information to your phone or computer. I'm going to hook this little piece of goodness up to myself tomorrow and I'm going to work out hard. I'll make sure and post my activity log tomorrow.

I hit another milestone today. 500 views on my blog! Its so exciting to know that I have interest in my silly weight loss blog. Its so amazing the outpouring of support I have gotten. I cannot express enough how much it means to me.

Soooooo, when I went to buy my fitbit today, I decided to buy the 2 pack and raffle off the second one for free! There is a catch though. You have to share this blog and once I reach 100 followers I will raffle this bad boy off. Thats a $59.99 value that you could win, just by following this auuhmaazziinngg blog. :) :) :)

Overall today has been perfect. Great news from all ends. Only sad part was when Carter had to get 3 shots. Breaks my heart to hear him cry. At least I got to snap this photo of him before the torture.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady-
    How has that FitBit been working out for you? I have been looking at them for awhile, but just end up spending the funds on other things.

    Hope you keep up the running, some of my girlfriends are thinking about signing up for the Glo Run up where I am. We did the Color Run Last year and had a blast!

    ReplyDelete