Friday, January 4, 2013

Day Two. Am I skinny yet?

Day Two. Am I skinny yet?

Today is not as bad as yesterday in the sense that I have come to a place of peace in knowing this needs to happen.
Ever pose in the mirror and think, "Damn I look good today"?
I have. So of course, I do what every 26 year old does. Updates their profile picture.
Somehow the camera always catches your double chin better than that mirror does. Seessh!

I downloaded this handy app for Weight Watcher Users. Its an app that can scan any food product with a bar code and tell you exactly how many points it is per serving.




If that wasn't idiot proof enough, I noticed some healthy food items already have Weight Watchers point values on them. Like my filling and tasty Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup!

Can you see how excited I am?? 








I did give into my Starbucks craving today. I usually get a
Grande extra hot white mocha with no whip cream and cinnamon powder on top. Its Christmas in a cup. Its amazing how this little cup of goodness can melt all my problems away. (Are you seeing how much credit I give food). I spent about 20 minutes on Starbucks.com going over every ingredient for every drink. What did I get?
A skinny Caramel Frap with no whip cream or caramel sauce. It was "OK". It satisfied my sweet tooth and gave me a little energy boost. But I did not make me feel better about staying away from sugary drinks. I'll do better tomorrow.

I made an amazing dinner. Chicken burgers on wheat thin bread. My whole dinner was about 11 points and it was super filling. Does this look like diet food?

Every year I read the People Magazines first issue of the new year. It's always the same theme. Biggest weight loss winners. Its absolutely amazing how motivated these every day people are. No gimmicks, no weight loss tricks. Just pure determination and hard work.

Take my brother-in-law for instance. He is your normal average Joe (except for his super genius status). He works insane hours and in his spare time devotes it to his family. One day he decided he wanted to do something about his weight.  In what little spare time he had available, Matt changed his eating habits drastically and worked out like a mad man. In what seemed like a very short amount of time, he completely transformed himself. He has kept his weight off for almost 2 years. Eating Healthy is now second nature to him. This doesn't mean he doesn't indulge on the finer things in life. He does it in moderation.





I have gotten so much outpouring of support from friends and family. I've even inspired two of my friends to start their own blogs. To Read their stories click below.

Meri: Click Here
Snowda: Click Here


Uncle Matt knows how to have a good time with food. Especially when teaching my son new flavors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment